Time Card Calculator .net
About this Time Card Calculator
From the people at Calculator Soup, this free time card calculator keeps track of work hours, breaks and pay on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. It allows multiple breaks per day and can auto-deduct breaks from your total hours worked.
Enter clock-in and clock-out times for each work period. You can put a colon : between hours and minutes but it’s not required. This calculator knows that an entry like 855 means 8:55.
Add employee name, date or other notes and print out time card reports for your records. You can change Settings on this customizable time card calculator to suit your display preferences and payroll reporting needs.
Available settings include:
- Time clock format: 12 hour or 24 hour military time
- Show or hide am/pm
- Weeks per pay period: 1, 2, 3, or a full month
- Days per work week
- Number of work and break/lunch periods per day
- Pay rate per hour
- Calculate overtime with pay premiums like time and half or double time. Options include:
- Overtime after number of hours per day or week
- Overtime after 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week
- California overtime calculator for California Overtime Laws
Our employee time clock calculator automatically does time clock conversion from hours and minutes to decimal time. It can also calculate military time for payroll with the 24 hour military time clock setting. You can specify how you want to round decimal hours in the calculator settings.
Payroll administrators can calculate employee time card hours and minutes worked per week or pay period. Print out or email time card reports to save or share.
How to Use the Time Card Calculator
- Enter numbers for times. You don’t need colon : or period but you can use them if you like.
- Use Tab on your computer or ∧ ∨ Next on your mobile device to navigate input fields
- Enter single numbers 1 - 12 for 1:00 - 12:00
- Save one day at a time? Enter inputs and click Calculate & Save
When you come back your times are still there. Your browser must allow cookies to save data.
- Click Settings to change your time card settings
- Email / Link Gets you a link to your time card to email or share
- Print / PDF Prints your time card report, or you can save it as a PDF
Use this free time card calculator on mobile devices. It works like an app for iPhone or an app for Android because it automatically adjusts to your mobile device screen size.
Visit CalculatorSoup.com to find other Time and Date Calculators and our original Time Card Calculator.
 Decimal totals are calculated by converting the time (hh:mm) totals. The decimal totals are not calculated by adding the daily decimal hours. The sum of daily decimal hours might not equal calculated total decimal hours for a pay period because of rounding differences. People are usually paid on the weekly total of hh:mm and that is the number that would be converted to a decimal total.
 hh:mm is time in hours and minutes. 8:15 is 8 hours and 15 minutes.
 Decimal is time in hours only with a fractional decimal part. 8.25 is 8.25 hours and since 0.25 is one quarter of an hour 0.25 is equal to 15 minutes. So the decimal representation of time of 8.25 hours is equivalent to 8 hours and 15 minutes. 8.25 hours = 8:15